Thursday, August 8, 2013

Happy Birthday to Me!

I'm so glad my mother and dad gave birth to me! My hubby brought me home a cake! Last year I made my own and said all I want for my birthday next year is a cake!

I can't believe I haven't posted in so long but I've been trying to find myself again and God's plan for me. Depression got hold for a while and discouragement too. Especially with my weight after steroids. I tried Atkins and lost well doing it but my LDL went up! Then I joined Weight Watchers again and couldn't lose much because of flares and more steroids so I quit that. I avoided church because of fear of germs! Was that dumb?

Anyway I started having pains in my right upper arm and shoulder in November while doing water therapy. Didn't think much of it and Rheumy just said it was fibro. Then in January my neighbor fell and I helped lift him into a chair without thinking. Several days later the pain came back with a vengeance. Saw my orthopedic dr for that and got an injection. It helped really well. He scheduled PT but after 2 visits I couldn't tell if it was helping or not so I quit.

In April my grandson was getting out of the grocery cart and I grabbed him. Guess what? Pain again. Injection no help this time and PT no help. Time for MRI. Shows multiple bicep tears and a large bone spur digging into the rotator cuff. Surgery scheduled for August 14th. Dr. not sure if he has to do rotator cuff repair or not so of course I start getting worried. I'm supposed to take my annual painting seminar with Jerry Yarnell only 8 weeks after surgery. So my anxiety starts - will I be able to do it? I finally had peace yesterday after deciding that the dr doesn't know what he'll find but Dr. Jesus does know and I choose to trust Him. I emailed to cancel my seat. Even if I could paint at that time there's no way I could do it for 5 hours a day for 5 days. I need all my energy to heal and recover.

In the meantime I am using myfitnesspal app on my iphone to record what I eat and what exercise I do. Right now I can do 15 minutes on my recumbent bike. Last night during prayer time I said "forgive me Lord for what came out of my mouth today (had said some unkind words about someone) and forgive me for what I put into my mouth (had eaten several cookies)". And later today the birthday cake will be cut up and frozen in individual servings to eat in moderation!

Psalm 25:1

New International Version (NIV)

In you, Lord my God,
    I put my trust.


If you're on twitter, please let me know and follow me @kylongarmer

No comments: